How much is the case worth?
When an insurance company makes an offer it is natural for the injured victim or family members to want to know the value of their case. Unfortunately, determining a firm financial figure can be difficult in the initial stages following the accident. In order to establish the case worth you need to know all of the damages you are entitled to.
The following is a list of damages the insurance company for the at-fault party will compensate an injured victim for:
• Property damage
• Permanent disfigurement and physical disabilities
• Loss of income due to the accident
• Medical expenses
• Loss of educational opportunity, including missed days from school or training.
• Emotional damages would include depression, embarrassment, stress, or anxiety disorder.
• Strain on family relationships, for example, inability to take care of children or elderly parents, or unable to have sexual relations due to the injuries. (The spouse of a married accident victim has a claim for the impact that the accident has on the marriage).
There are many variables to account for before a dollar amount can be determined by any attorney. If you believe you are entitled to compensation for damages due to an accident then talk with a lawyer specializing in personal injury law.
The Cunnane Law Office has provided this content for informational purposes only. You should refer your questions to a personal injury attorney.